MOREAU, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Town of Moreau officials are speaking with the Department of Correctional sets after a tear gas training incident turned into a HAZMAT situation.
Town Supervisor Todd Kusnierz said officials were told about the activity on Old Saratoga Road after neighbors complained about an odor in the area. The weather caused the tear gas used at the closed Mount McGregor Correctional Facility to come down on Old Saratoga Road.
There was a drone being used in addition.
The county issued a reverse 911 notice for people to stay in their homes and close their windows.
Kusnierz said he is going to speak with state officials about communicating when a future training is taking place so neighbors are aware.
More from NEWS10
More from News10
- UAlbany football going back to basics
- Training incident causes HAZMAT situation in Moreau
- Hospitals deal with staffing shortages after vaccine mandate
- Board passes St. Clare’s Hospital pension resolution
- ‘She’s giving us signs’: Gabby Petito’s family members mourn slain 22-year-old, say she’s ‘always with us’
Follow us on social media
Sign up for our newsletter
Click: See details