The Insurance Science of Disability
If you are young and healthy, you probably have given little thought to the concept of disability insurance. Most employees in this age-range may already scoff it off as negligible in view of their youth.
“Disability insurance? “Compensation if I become unable to work?” they may exclaim. “Why, this is coverage that I do not really need.”
If you would speak to the professionals – those in the trenches when it comes to related liability and insurance claims, you would hear a very different story. In fact, the discussion would rule you to be ever so grateful that you are covered!
thorough down, every person understands that any blessing we have in life should never be taken for granted. Car accidents, business mishaps, home devastation – all these things happen. Likewise no one can guarantee that sickness or illness will not disrupt a life once empty of it – in spite of of the current stop one finds oneself in.
Need more on the matter? Here are the sobering facts:
• 1 in 4 young people in the age bracket of twenty years suffer from a long-term illness or injury.
• Each year, there are over 700,000 paid workers and employees that are awarded social security disability insurance benefits.
• In general, 1 in every 15 employees files a short-term disability claim per year.
• Almost fifty percent of all Americans do not have the money to fund a four hundred dollar medical emergency.
• Breaking or fracturing a leg may cause a three month or longer employment disruption.
• On the average, a long term disability insurance claim lasts longer than two years and six months.
• A work related physical disability can be the consequence of varying factors, including chronic headaches, current backaches, cancer related treatments, treatment, the birth of a new baby, loss of eyesight, heart disease, mental and emotional illness and stokes in addition as other maladies and situations.
• The average income of newly graduating higher education students is approximately $1,101. Weigh that with the average long-term disability maximum claim of $125,450 of loss of income.
With the current obtainable data about young working people, a disability that renders someone incapable of working would have devastating effects without the proper insurance coverage.
Did you know?
• Thirty five percent of young employees experience difficulties in meeting everyday monthly costs.
• Close to 70 percent of all US citizens do not have already a thousand dollars in savings.
• To make matters worse, thirty-one percent of those in the age bracket of eighteen years to thirty years have no savings at all.
Life has its monetary responsibilities. These may include rent, mortgage, student loans, auto payments and more. protect your earnings and the ability to make ends meet by making sure you have protective indemnity of disability insurance.