Netgear Wireless Router: How to Setup Without Installation Disc
Do you want to re-setup your Netgear wireless router but don’t have the installation CD that came with it initially? It is shared that the installation CD is misplaced and is not obtainable at the time of need. So, what can be done? It’s simple. You can manually setup your wireless device without any trouble. See the instructions below:
Manual Setup Guide:
- strength off your computer in addition as the internet modem and disconnect their strength cords from the electricity outlet.
- Find the Ethernet cable that connects your computer to the modem and unplug its end from the computer.
- Plug the taken out end into the Ethernet port at the back of your router.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet wire (which came with the router) into the ‘LAN 1’ port at the back of your router. Now plug the second end into the Ethernet port at the back of your computer. It is the same port from which you initially ran an Ethernet cable to the internet modem.
- Connect the strength cord back to the modem and strength it on. Wait for 2 or 3 minutes for the modem to turn on fully.
- Connect the router’s strength cord to the outlet and strength it on. Again, wait for 2-3 minutes for it to turn on fully and detect the modem.
- Plug the strength cord back to your computer and to an outlet and strength it on. Make sure that you have all the lights lit on your router. If any light is not lit and re-check the complete connection following the abovementioned procedure.
- Now that all the lights are lit on your router and modem, and the computer is fully rebooted, open your web browser viz. Internet Explorer or Firefox etc.
- kind ‘ http://www.routerlogin.net ‘ or ‘192.168.0.1’ in the address bar of your browser and hit ‘go into’ on the keyboard.
- This will bring up the router login window, meaningful in the username and password that came with the router documents. By default, ‘admin’ is the username and ‘password’ is the password respectively. However, refer to your router docs. before entering anything. If you changed your username and password in the past setup then go into those otherwise the router will not let you login.
- Click on the ‘Login‘ button or ‘OK‘ or hit ‘go into’ on the keyboard
- This will take you to the Netgear wireless router configuration window; make at any rate changes you want to on this screen. When finished exit the window.