There are several reasons that people want to build a website, but most who are looking to make a website fall into one of the three following categories:
- Create a family or informational hobby website.
- Build a website as a profitable online business.
- Corporations looking to create a successful ecommerce website.
Because I wrote this article to help the normal everyday person that wants a website, I will not already talk about the corporate websites. Those types of sites should be left to the high priced web designers that are abundant on the Internet.
If you need to create a simple website for the purpose of connecting with your family and friends, there are numerous free options that will serve your needs just fine. You will need a hosting account to great number your website and most of the web hosts provide free website builders as a part of the hosting package. You should be able to find a template in their library that will be sure to please you.
To update your website, you will need some knowledge of html language. This is the case with every free web site builder that I have seen. You can get some basic free help with html language at various sites on the Internet. These sites will most likely give you enough guidance to allow you to update this kind of website.
In the case for this kind of site, I would strongly recommend that you probe the Social Networks like Facebook, My Space or others. They are completely free and will serve your needs well.
However, if you plan to build a website and sell various products online, you are talking about a different animal. Now, you have probably seen several sites on the Internet that offer you a method to build websites starting at $5 per month. The catchy words in this phrase are “Starting At“.
Most, if not all of these sites will entice you with a small starting price and closest start offering several small upgrades. Before you know it, you will be paying $15 per month but you will think that it is worth the additional to get the premium service. While the premium service may be just the meaningful for some novice users, this will not be the case for most first time website owners. There are factors involved in website promotion and maintenance that you will need to know and these sites will do little or nothing to help you with this.
The first thing you need before you ever build a website, is a niche that you can monetize and that has enough interested searchers that you can sell to. Without either of these, your website will be just a waste of time and money.
Websites also need to be designed for search engine optimization (SEO) in addition as being alluring and useful to your visitors. Targeted traffic is sent to your site by search engines, so you must appease them. Be sure any web design offer you decide upon will supply you with basic SEO features. specialized SEO firms can cost as much as $2,500 dollars per year.
Now, if you’re like the great majority of people thinking of building a website, you don’t have a large budget to work with. specialized web site design sets are outrageously expensive. So let’s see what you can do to get a website built that will fit a small budget and allow you to be able to update and promote the site without being a programming language guru.
- There are some affordable freelance designers out there that do nice quality work at a price that will be very pleasing to a small budget. If your budget is small (around 200 to 300 dollars), you can get a nice design with hosting and website promotion help.
- You could by a web design program for around $200 that will allow you to make as many websites as you like. Most of these programs are WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) programs, which method you truly see the design as you are building it and the necessary programming is done for you automatically as you build the site.
- You can build a site by the drop and drag site builders but the fees for these sets will turn into your worst nightmare and you will be left holding the bag when it comes to promoting your website.
A work from home or small business will take time and money to develop. There is no such thing as a free website, product or service. The information FREE is tossed around freely on the Internet and TV today. It has become a method for advertisers to gain attention of their viewers. Unfortunately, it works at an upsetting rate and poor innocent people are the victims of this false advertisement.
My advice would be that; if you don’t plan on investing some money to start your business and time to promote it, don’t already think about starting one. You will only waste your time and money on any of the sucker offers.